- The Maine Department of Education has a website designed for Art Educators. They recently posted an entry about The Maine Reef Project.
- Harrisville Designs in Harrisville, NH donated some of their wonderful 100% Wool yarns which will be used to crochet elements needed to create the Reef. Visit them by clicking on our link to their website.
- University of New England is excited about participating in our project as a way to help merge their science and art programs.We will be meeting with them in the coming weeks as they formulate plan that suits their interests and needs.
- Our first outings to promote the project by sharing information about the Maine Reef and crochet demonstrations are upcoming:
- Thursday 3-6pm, at the Biddeford Farmer's Market held at 100 main St., In the former Pepperell Mill Parking Lot.
- Saturday night 5 - 9pm in the art area of theMaine mall called The Creative Common, at Center Court. We will share information about the Maine Reef project and demonstrate hyperbolic crochet.
Monday, May 30, 2011
Maine Crochet Reef Progress Report
Posted by Gale Bellew - Organizer at 3:00 PM