Sponsor

This project made possible by funding from The West Oxford Agricultural Society ~ presenter of The Fryeburg Fair

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Scrumble Crochet!

Life never ceases to amaze me with  new information!

I feel I am well informed. Yet, after spending more than a year working on this project and spending many many hours on line searching for inspiration about crochet, I stumbled upon a term and idea that I had only seen glimpses of. I knew it as free form crochet but lo and behold there is an entire movement in the free from crochet world that I had never heard of!

Scrumble or Scrumbling...... That's what it's called.... and when I came across it, I was amazed! Perhaps you are more informed than I am but in any case, check out these links and see how closely many "scrumbles" resemble the crochet reef project satellites in mini form! Maybe there's a scrumble in your future :-)

Although most Scrumbles are one cohesive piece created as one piece a collage of work can also be considered a Scrumble.

So here is a Maine Reef version of a scrumble....














Here are a few more for you to enjoy!

What is a scrumble? Learn the answer here:


http://hookandscumble.blogspot.com/2009/04/seaweed-shingle-scumbles.html

http://www.knotjustknitting.com/gallery-prudence-mapstone.html

More Scrumble photos here.

AND let's not forget to include some SCRUMBLE PATTERNS from Ravelry.com

Gandhi once said, "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

So I continue to enjoy new things and know that I am NEVER too old for learning......


No comments:

Post a Comment